Philanthropy is an integral part of Warner Bros.’ corporate responsibility strategy. The company is dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and entertain, and we provide both monetary and in-kind donations to many nonprofit organizations. We also support organizations through our signature programs: the Impact Giving Program, Business Resource Groups and Encore.
How Do Nonprofits Request Support from Warner Bros.?
Nonprofit charitable organizations may submit proposals for Warner Bros.’ support by following our company giving guidelines:
- We only support charities that are registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in good financial and public standing.
- We give priority to organizations that the Studio supports programmatically or with which the Studio has an established relationship (e.g. through a Business Resource Group partnership, Impact Giving Program partnership or employee board service relationship).
- Ineligible entities include (but are not limited to): any organization without current 501(c)(3) registered charity status, individuals, conferences, conventions, seminars, carnivals, contests, athletic groups, sports tournaments, beauty pageants, political organizations, labor or fraternal organizations, travel funds for expeditions or trips, incentive reward programs and for-profit ventures.
- All requests for support must be made in writing and should have the following:
- If there is a Warner Bros. employee involved in the organization, please include his or her name, department/title and how he or she is involved in the organization (board member, donor, volunteer, etc).
- A brief description or fact sheet outlining the organization’s background/history, goals and population served.
- What the specific request is – auction item, sponsorship, donation, etc.
- Documentation that verifies 501(c)(3) nonprofit status (by providing an IRS determination letter from the organization).
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or send the request via U.S. mail at least four weeks prior to the date of need. Letters can be mailed to: Philanthropy, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., 4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg. 156N Room 1255, Burbank, CA 91522.
- Warner Bros. receives numerous requests for assistance. While we attempt to concentrate our resources in our four focus areas, we are not able to support all the worthwhile organizations that come to us requesting support.
- Please note that due to the high volume of requests, we are unable to notify organizations of declined proposals.
IMPACT GIVING PROGRAM
Impact, Warner Bros.’ Giving Program, is an employee-driven initiative that supports employee outreach and giving. It is customized for each Warner Bros. office location based on the interests of local employees; employees nominate and select partner organizations.
Impact is making a major difference by supporting nonprofit organizations around the world. For more information on Impact, click here.